Top safety tips for new homeowners in Ocala
If you just bought your first home or you’re about to, congratulations! It’s a thrilling time for you and your family. You might be thinking about all the ways you might personalize your house with decor, paint, and furnishings. But, before you go all-in on redecorating, make sure you consider home security as well. Keeping those you care about protected should always be a point of emphasis, and we’ll show you the way with our safety tips for new homeowners in Ocala.
Perform a safety audit of your new Ocala property
Now that safety is at the forefront, find out what your new home already has. To start, make sure you have functioning smoke alarms. Test each one and switch out batteries if needed. Are there CO detectors? Is there a water sensor in the cellar? This is also an excellent time to upgrade door locks and investigate all locks on windows. Go through each room and get familiar with your new house.
Smart security tips for your Ocala home
Once you’ve finished your initial inspection of safety alarms and locks, you should think about elevating your property’s defense. Begin with these security tips for your home in Ocala.
- Invest in a modern home security system. One of the smartest tools for new homeowners in Ocala is a home security system. Modern wireless technology allows you to keep an eye on your residence even when you’re not there. You are able to review live video footage, operate locking systems, and even talk to visitors on your front porch right from your cell phone. You can customize with worthwhile security features like video surveillance and monitored safety alarms.
- Update outside lights. Outside lights with motion detection are an effective way to deter prospective burglars. You might even integrate them with outdoor cameras. The activating of a motion sensor can signal your video equipment to begin recording.
- Keep your property nicely groomed. Are you able to clearly see all of your property from inside? Are there large trees and bushes obstructing your view? Remove likely areas to hide by keeping your yard well groomed. Your neighbors will be grateful for it too.
- Make friends with people in your community. Speaking of your neighbors, get acquainted with them. If you are friendly with people nearby, they’ll be more likely to advise you if they see suspicious activity. You might also get involved in your area’s social media presence if one is created.
- Benefit from home automation. If you install a modern smart home, you can make it look like you’re home by illuminating smart lights at predetermined moments. This is a fantastic tool when you’re away.