How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Ocala smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into one cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in total control of your Ocala home’s security and automation. See how it can benefit you and explore recommendations to get started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Ocala?
Wirelessly coupling to components via radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you can even speak to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup for enhanced reliability. It also gives you total remote operation with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Review real-time or saved video streams from all integrated security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Ocala by setting schedules or creating rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your entrances unlock if the smoke detector goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in your house and arms all devices except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and all sensors in your home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
You’ll notice a message if something is blocking the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window will prompt you to take action. It’s worth noting that you can still arm your home’s security by adhering to the above steps. You will then have to verify that you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Ocala
Despite the fact that many users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will likely want to add an additional user at some point. Here are steps to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote access, choose email or phone and provide the details to deliver an request.
- Choose Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, just proceed to the menu, touch users, select the user you wish to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s automation and security with an intuitive touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Ocala security system. Contact (352) 922-3678 to learn more.